The coronavirus pandemic has seen Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer suspend its latest quarterly partner distributions along with bonuses and reviews.
For the three months to April, the law firm will not be paying to partners and it has put a freeze on pay rises for its lawyers globally. It has also delayed a decision on bonuses until later in the year, according to reports from Law.com.
Freshfields operates 27 officesz globally with over 2000 lawyers and almost 5000 staff iin total.
Temporary flexible working arrangements and reduced hours will also be offered by the firm for those who are interested.
“We are focused on supporting our people and continuing to serve our clients as we all adapt to the social and economic uncertainties,” a Freshfields spokesperson said.
“We are managing our business responsibly and will continue to invest in our business for the long term.”
Equity partners’ remuneration at the magic circle law firm rose 6 per cent to £1.8m in the 12 months leading up to the end of April 2019, making them some of the highest paid corporate lawyers in the City.
Recent Law News For You
- Listed UK Law Firms Action Continues as Legal Services Company Acquires Specialist Law FirmThe bounce-back and resilience of the listed law firms continues in the UK […] More
- Listed UK Law Firms That Took Pandemic ‘Hit’ Bounce BackThe COVID pandemic hit listed legal services businesses in the UK, but there […] More
- 22 New Partners At Freshfields As It Moves Towards Global Gender DiversityThe Big Law firm’s gender diversity objective is for new partners to average […] More
- Law Firm Technology: How Digitally Effective Are UK Law Firms?New report shows some law firms used the pandemic to upgrade their technology, […] More
- China Move Against UK Lawyers “Takes Your Breath Away”Sanctions imposed on a barristers chambers could lead to ‘self censorship’ in UK […] More
- Leading Barrister Describes China Sanction Against Barristers “Disgraceful”Speaking out against the Uighur Muslim group has seen China impose sanctions against […] More
- Pinsent Masons Tops Law Firm Brand Index 2021Senior in-house counsel have ranked multinational law firm Pinsent Masons their most favoured […] More
- Linklaters Big ‘Agile Working’ Move – Offering All Its Legal Secretaries & PAs Voluntary RedundancyThe COVID-19 pandemic has affected the legal profession like every other business, but […] More
- Law Firm’s Copied Correspondence Was Not The Sincerest Form of Flattery, But Simply Breach of CopyrightManchester-based law firm JMW Solicitors obtained a £45,000 damages payout from a law firm competitor […] More