The coronavirus pandemic has seen Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer suspend its latest quarterly partner distributions along with bonuses and reviews.
For the three months to April, the law firm will not be paying to partners and it has put a freeze on pay rises for its lawyers globally. It has also delayed a decision on bonuses until later in the year, according to reports from Law.com.
Freshfields operates 27 officesz globally with over 2000 lawyers and almost 5000 staff iin total.
Temporary flexible working arrangements and reduced hours will also be offered by the firm for those who are interested.
“We are focused on supporting our people and continuing to serve our clients as we all adapt to the social and economic uncertainties,” a Freshfields spokesperson said.
“We are managing our business responsibly and will continue to invest in our business for the long term.”
Equity partners’ remuneration at the magic circle law firm rose 6 per cent to £1.8m in the 12 months leading up to the end of April 2019, making them some of the highest paid corporate lawyers in the City.
Recent Law News For You
- UK TEST CASE PAVES WAY FOR COVID-19 INSURANCE PAYOUTS IN AUSTRALIAThe recent decision in the UK test case on business interruption insurance coverage […]
- Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2021 recognizes 41 Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer lawyersThe number of lawyers at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (‘Freshfields’) recognized in Who’s Who Legal: […]
- Prestigious UK Law Firm Investigated Over Money Laundering IssuesMischcon de Reya is one of the more prestigious law firms in the […]
- Law Firm Management Strategy: Leading UK Law Firm Offers Expansion or Exit Route For Legal FirmsO’Neill Patient Solicitors to offer expansion help or an exit route to other […]
- Listed Law Firms in UK Take a Price Beating But Still Show ResilienceListing law firms was an exciting – and profitable – game for some […]
- The ‘Eat What You Kill’ Mindset Means More Law Partners Taking Work From Juniors To Beat Billing TargetsPartners at US law firms are taking a greater share of the work […]
- Five things to consider during your mortgage application to avoid money laundering suspicionWith mortgage application fraud on the rise in the UK, experts reveal everything […]
- Why Linklaters Says It Is Benefiting from Having Lawyers Working From HomeMagic circle law firm Linklaters, who employ over 2000 lawyers globally, has said […]
- Gerry Pecht elected as Global Chief Executive, Norton Rose FulbrightGlobal law firm Norton Rose Fulbright announced today the election of Gerry Pecht […]