The coronavirus pandemic has seen Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer suspend its latest quarterly partner distributions along with bonuses and reviews.
For the three months to April, the law firm will not be paying to partners and it has put a freeze on pay rises for its lawyers globally. It has also delayed a decision on bonuses until later in the year, according to reports from Law.com.
Freshfields operates 27 officesz globally with over 2000 lawyers and almost 5000 staff iin total.
Temporary flexible working arrangements and reduced hours will also be offered by the firm for those who are interested.
“We are focused on supporting our people and continuing to serve our clients as we all adapt to the social and economic uncertainties,” a Freshfields spokesperson said.
“We are managing our business responsibly and will continue to invest in our business for the long term.”
Equity partners’ remuneration at the magic circle law firm rose 6 per cent to £1.8m in the 12 months leading up to the end of April 2019, making them some of the highest paid corporate lawyers in the City.
Recent Law News For You
- Senior Criminal Law Barrister Who Pulled Faces at Judge FinedMarguerite Russell is a highly experienced and capable criminal law barrister, but her […]
- How Allen & Overy Has Dealt With The COVID Crisis . . And One Thing They Would Not Have Done AgainAllen & Overy is one of the largest law firms in the world […]
- European Restructuring Lawyer Joins Ropes & Gray’s Business Restructuring Group in LondonGlobal law firm Ropes & Gray has strengthened its European restructuring and special […]
- Slater & Gordon Move London Offices Home PermanentlyAustralian-based Slater and Gordon is to permanently close its London office with its […]
- UK Legal Industry Growth Slows As Covid-19 ImpactsPowered by LawFuel – The UK Legal Industry generated revenues of £9.34bn in […]
- UK Law Firm Survey Shows Many Are In Dire Financial StraitsA UK law firm survey has indicated that over half had insufficient cash […]
- Mishcon de Reya Opens Singapore OfficePowered by LawFuel – Mishcon de Reya has today announced the opening of […]
- Morrison & Foerster Adds Tax Partner in LondonLONDON (May 4, 2020) – Morrison & Foerster, a leading global law firm, is […]
- Crisis Management Law Firm – New Parternship Promotions Maintains Schillings’ 50/50 Non-Legal to Legal Split9 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Schillings, the strategic […]