The world is changing. The move towards a more digital economy has been rapid. People are starting to think more urgently about climate change and the importance of sustainability, and the notion of “consumer welfare” is evolving.
All while the benefits of free trade are being deeply questioned. The spotlight is firmly on competition policy and enforcement to answer many of the difficult questions that these issues present, sometimes reaching far beyond their traditional remit.
This means that dealmakers should expect increasingly intrusive and political enforcement this year, with more rigorous examination of mergers and broader M&A strategies, particularly in the digital space.
Renewed interest in industrial policy objectives and the continuing roll out of stricter foreign investment regimes will also play their part. Mounting social and political pressure to pro-actively tackle climate change may spark a pivot towards putting more emphasis on environmental policy in the application of competition rules. And companies selling their products and services online will need to be on top of new rules and guidance expected this year in response to the profound impact of e-commerce on distribution systems and strategies.
See Other Law Briefs
- ADA Compliance – The Curve Has Flattened for Federal Website Accessibility Lawsuits14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score By Seyfarth Shaw LLP – We’ve sheltered […]
- NZ Law: Influencers – identifying advertisements on social media14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Bell Gully – Last week […]
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Filing For Chapter 7 Bankruptcy14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings are […]
- Motorcycle Accidents In Florida – The Average Settlement Amount14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Florida is popular with motorcyclists, […]
- 10 Signs That You Might Be Experiencing Sexual Harassment In the Workplace14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Colleen Sewell – Sexual harassment […]
- Bed Sore Litigation – Can you sue a hospital for bed sores?14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score If you have a loved […]
- Do I need a lawyer if my business is accused of fraud?14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Fraud is a very broad […]
- Slaughter & May: Shareholder Group Litigation On the Rise – But Why?14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Litigation by shareholders against listed […]
- Artificial Intelligence Risk? What Does 2020 Hold14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Clifford Chance – Artificial intelligence […]
- 5 Key Written Agreements for Small and Growing Businesses14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Susan Paul – Business depends […]