The world is changing. The move towards a more digital economy has been rapid. People are starting to think more urgently about climate change and the importance of sustainability, and the notion of “consumer welfare” is evolving.
All while the benefits of free trade are being deeply questioned. The spotlight is firmly on competition policy and enforcement to answer many of the difficult questions that these issues present, sometimes reaching far beyond their traditional remit.
This means that dealmakers should expect increasingly intrusive and political enforcement this year, with more rigorous examination of mergers and broader M&A strategies, particularly in the digital space.
Renewed interest in industrial policy objectives and the continuing roll out of stricter foreign investment regimes will also play their part. Mounting social and political pressure to pro-actively tackle climate change may spark a pivot towards putting more emphasis on environmental policy in the application of competition rules. And companies selling their products and services online will need to be on top of new rules and guidance expected this year in response to the profound impact of e-commerce on distribution systems and strategies.
See Other Law Briefs
- “We’ll Take Your Children” . . The Bizarre Arabian Nightmares Tale of Dechert Lawyers Accused of Torture & Other Human Right Abuses14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score It may not be a […]
- Layoff Alerts: Let Us Know14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score LawFuel wants to know if […]
- 12 Of Rotten Tomatoes’ Must-Watch Lawyer Movies of All Time14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score You’re in lockdown, done the […]
- How One Big Law Firm Is Working To Contain Coronavirus Financial Fallout14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Law firms are scrambling to […]
- David Lat Awaits Discharge From Hospital After Life-Threatening Coronavirus Treatment14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score David Lat, founder of the […]
- Another “Name-on-the-Door” Partner Out at Imploding Pierce Bainbridge Law Firm14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Pierce Bainbridge […]
- Barristers Seeking Government Help During Pandemic14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Junior barristers are suffering from […]
- Russell McVeagh Promotes Property & Consruction Lawyer to Partner14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – Property […]
- Big Law Can Hit The Layoff Button As The Coronavirus Pandemic Bites14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The coronavirus has bitten the […]
- IRS Warn of Coronavirus Scam14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Beware of scammers trying to […]