More Linklater lawyers are signing on to earn less money in a scheme permitting German non-partners to work 40 hour work weeks for reduced earnings.
The number of Linklaters lawyers who have signed on to the firm’s fixed-hours and reduced-rate pay career has doubled in less than three years, reports show.
Linklaters have taken an increasingly proactive approach towards their lawyers’ careers, including the recent reports on their risk averse approach towards firm social events.
“YourLink”, is a career path developed by Linklaters which offers pre-agreed, regular hours and comes into force on May 1.
It’s German origins come in part at least from the lengthy and onerous career path needed to achieve a legal career in Germany, which lowers the pool of qualified lawyers and also results in high competition from public service agencies and companies looking for in-house lawyers.
These roles have long been considered easier than working at law firms, where a work-life balance is seen as hard to achieve.
“We recognize that alternative, flexible options are increasingly in demand,” Thomas Schmidt, head of human resources at Linklaters, said.
The question for law firms now is whether the lower-earnings alternative is also something that captivates other law firms outside of Germany.
Recently on LawFuel
- Ghislaine Maxwell Arrest Sees Prince Andrew Links To Obscure Lobbying Firm Propelled to prominence By A Kiwi Ambassador71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Lawyers for Prince Andrew […]
- How The Disintegrating Law Firm Hired By Rudy Giuliani Has Spawned Its Young71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Breaking […]
- Is The Berman Ouster in New York A Further Reflection of Trump Political Interference? Maybe Not With This Lawyer . .71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The debacle surrounding the […]
- Boies Law Firm Upheaval Continues With 4 Partner Defection to King & Spalding71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The turmoil at Boies […]
- Laying Zoom Bare – Holding Zoom Meetings Without Wearing Pants is Just Part of the Problem For Lawyers Using Zoom71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The move to Zoom […]
- Who Are The Lawyers Helping Prince Andrew Keep Safe From US Law Enforcement Over Jeffrey Epstein?71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score As Prince Andrew faces […]
- How Allen & Overy Has Dealt With The COVID Crisis . . And One Thing They Would Not Have Done Again71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Allen & Overy is […]
- Virage Capital Says Pierce Bainbridge – $70 Million in Debt – Double Dipped on Collateral71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Back […]
- Archie Williams – The Innocence Project YouTube Star & The Lawyers Who Saw Him Free71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Reality TV show ‘Americ’a […]
- Pierce Bainbridge – Big-Time Clients, Big Time Problems: $50 Million Suit Dropped & $70 Million Debt71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The high-profile clientele of […]
- Litigation Funder Parabellum Capital Raises $450 Million As Pandemic Lawsuits Loom71 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Litigation finance firm Parabellum […]