High flying and aggressive US-based law firm Boies Schiller continues to make the news, the latest interest being around the law firm’s apparent failure to make the raises to associates which was apparently due to be made on October 15, then at the end of the month and now . .
The obvious rumors reported in American Lawyer and elsewhere are that there may be cash flow issues for the firm which has recently faced issues around departing partners.
The firm has had a tumultuous time of late with departing partners. Among the issues facing the firm have been bad press received by founder David Boies with his controversial work for profile clients, as well as a slip for the firm in the AmLaw rankings.
Since the new leadership took over the firm, 31 partners have left the firm with 15 going from the LA office in April. The firm also fired a number of associates and staffers in LA.
The original pay plan was for the law firm to match those paid by Cravath Swaine & Moore, but now concerns are arising about the reason for the non-payment.
Firm co-chief Natasha Harrison received a high profile piece in The Times recently, where ‘the lawyer from Croyden’ moved from the UK to the US to co-manage the firm, but clearly faces challenges with the recent events, both economically and in terms of whatever the Boies Schiller balance sheet reveals.
- The 2023 LawFuel Gender Survey of New Zealand Law FirmsWomen In New Zealand Law – The 2023 Stats As women are the majority of lawyers in New Zealand and as gender …
- Cravath’s Surpass Milbank Salary IncreasesCravath’s big law pay rate has increased again to surprass Milbank’s recent increases
- Clifford Chance Training Contract: What Are The Options?A Clifford Chance training contract takes various forms and across the world, but it provides major opportunities for those seeking to work at one of the world’s largest and most successful law firms
- Top SEO Services for Law Firms: How To Hire An SEO RocketshipSEO services for law firms include a wide range of tools and law firm marketing companies that can help law firms maximize their online marketing
- The ‘Fearsome’ Law Firm List: What Makes A Fearsome Firm?What gets a law firm onto the BTI Fearsome Firm List?
- Trowers Cut Staff As UK Law Market TightensTrowers & Hamlins is set to reduce its workforce by approximately 25 positions within its real estate division, according to recent reports, …
- Chapman Tripp’s Swanky New Offices Win AwardChapman Tripp are delighted in their new offices in Wellington having won an ArchitectureNow award for the fitout of their new offices …