The coronavirus pandemic has seen Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer suspend its latest quarterly partner distributions along with bonuses and reviews.
For the three months to April, the law firm will not be paying to partners and it has put a freeze on pay rises for its lawyers globally. It has also delayed a decision on bonuses until later in the year, according to reports from Law.com.
Freshfields operates 27 officesz globally with over 2000 lawyers and almost 5000 staff iin total.
Temporary flexible working arrangements and reduced hours will also be offered by the firm for those who are interested.
“We are focused on supporting our people and continuing to serve our clients as we all adapt to the social and economic uncertainties,” a Freshfields spokesperson said.
“We are managing our business responsibly and will continue to invest in our business for the long term.”
Equity partners’ remuneration at the magic circle law firm rose 6 per cent to £1.8m in the 12 months leading up to the end of April 2019, making them some of the highest paid corporate lawyers in the City.
Recent Law News For You
- Saudi Princess Sues London Lawyer For ‘splashing her money on £17m super-yacht which he sailed around the world and £2.8m flat in Montenegro’London lawyer sued by Saudis for return of funds invested in company. The former Linklaters partner has had a freezing order put in place
- The Downfall of Axiom Ince and the £66m Fraud Scandal that Left Lawyers JoblessLondon’s Daily Telegraph’s article on the collapse of Axiom Ince have reported on …
- They’re Back For More: Paul Weiss Take More Kirkland TalentPaul Weiss return to raid Kirkland & Ellis in London as their aggressive London City growth continues
- Trowers Cut Staff As UK Law Market TightensTrowers & Hamlins is set to reduce its workforce by approximately 25 positions …
- Slaughter & May Raises NQ Pay Rate To Match Magic Circle CompetitorsAlbert Goodwin* Slaughter and May has raised the salary for its newly qualified …
- Freshfields lawyer Rob Colvin awarded City’s Wig & Pen Prize for pro bono workFreshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (‘Freshfields’) Senior Associate, Rob Colvin, has been awarded the Wig …
- SFO Sweep in Axiom Ince Case: Seven Arrested Over Missing Law Firm MillionsUK SFO arrest seven over the Axiom Ince collapse and following freezing order against former CEO Pragnesh Modhwadia
- London Lawyer With ‘Extreme Fatigue’ Sues After Being Firedlawyer sued after ‘extreme fatigue’
- The Family Lawyer From Mischon de Reya: Why Family Law?Jackie Wells practices as a family lawyer in the Cambridge office of London-based …