Nowadays, like any business, law firms are looking for ways to grow their number of followers, and get a growing viewership on social networks. And, one of the best tactics to do this is influencer marketing.
Now, influencer marketing is nothing new. As Hubspot pointed our a couple of years ago influencer ‘marketing’ has skyrocketed. In fact, many businesses either take to going down the path of being a social media influencer, or they reach out to already-established influencers to promote their product(s) or service(s). Top social media influencer Neil Patel has given advice and tips on this very matter.
And, since it’s a big trend in the marketing world right now, it’s not surprising to see that even law firms are now looking to this marketing gold mine to attract new clients.
So, if you’re a law firm, and you’re looking to attract more clients, then look to becoming a social media influencer.
How is it possible?
Here are six ways for you to start influencing on social media today!
1. Discover Your Passion And Uniqueness
“Chances are, you’ll find users and followers that share the same interests as you do. As you share your interests with others, you’ll eventually lead viewers to your business.”
In short, it’s all about asking yourself: “What makes my account different?”
2. Have A Clear Bio
Your bio must be a 3-second read, with a clear and concise message to tell to interested folks who may want to stick around and follow you. Your bio should have the following:
- Where you’re from
- What your profession is
- Your contact info
- A link to your website, blog, etc.
- Use emojis (sparingly)
By having a clear bio, people will be willing to see what you have in store for them, once they follow.
3. Discuss What You Know
It’s important to be an expert in your field, which will give you tremendous credibility with your followers. Since you work in a law firm, it’s essential to be the expert in this field by educating your followers on the law process, the business side of it, etc. Being the expert is how you can differentiate yourself from other influencers, and keep viewers engaged with interesting topics and posts.
4. Be Consistent
Consistency is important, when it comes to having a social media presence for your law firm. Therefore, you have to show up for your followers by posting stories, videos, etc. As a result, your followers will respond to your posts, and probably want to learn more about you.
The truth is, your followers follow thousands of accounts, which means that if you don’t show up regularly, they might miss out on any of your posts. In that case, the best way to be consistent with posting is to create a schedule, where you can post every day at a certain time, and then they’ll know to look for your posts and start watching for them.
As you post content, it’s also okay to interact with your followers. By answering any questions, and interacting with followers, you create a community inside your account to where you build important exposure for your practice.
5. Use Appropriate Hashtags
“Hashtags are essential for letting people find you and your posts by searching for specific topics with the hashtag (#) symbol,” says Jonathan Coward, a business writer at Paper fellows and State of writing. “Once you find the right hashtags, you can use them in all your posts, so that people can find your content.”
With that said, there are two ways you can find the right hashtags:
- Create your own hashtags, OR
- Use an already-established hashtag that’s been commonly used (but NOT overused)
Also, when using hashtags, make sure to use only a handful of them, so that you won’t come across as spammy, especially if you’re trying to advertise your law firm to potential clients. By using the right hashtags, you’ll be appealing to the right people.
6. Post Amazing Content
Social media is all about having two main components: visuals and text. Having appealing text is only half the battle. But what about visuals?
The visuals need to be both attractive and consistent. In other words, there’s no need to go overboard with filters and presets, when enhancing your images. As you stay consistent with images, be consistent with your enhancements.
Though, if you’re not sure what to post, and you already have a sufficient following, you can ask your followers what they want to see next.
In hindsight, for social media influencing, you have to be consistent and appealing in the following ways, as mentioned above:
- Your personality
- Your law firm and message
- Your content
- The hashtags you use
Once you get all of these points down, you’ll be sure to know all the tricks of the trade when it comes to this growing marketing trend for law firms, and all industries in general.
Kristin Herman writes and edits at Ukwritings.com and Academized.com. She is also a contributing writer for Essayroo.com. As a tech enthusiast, she blogs about the latest trends in technology and social media management. And, as a project manager, she oversees many writing projects nationwide.
Read More Law Marketing News Exclusively on LawFuel
- How Can You Use Local SEO For Law Firms To Get To No. 1 on GoogleLocal SEO for law firms continues to evolve – the latest steps to have your law firm reaching its targeted market is key to SEO success
- Key Lead Generation for Lawyers And How You Can Use YouTube To Do The Heavy LiftingLead generation for lawyers and law firms is one of the keys to achieving new business Lead generation is a tactic that any law firm or lawyer needs to …
- 6 Of The Best Lead Generation Directories For LawyersLegal Directories are not old hat . . but remain significant sources of new business for lawyers. Here are 7 of the best lead generation directories? Directories and similar …
- How to Build A Law Firm Brand – Veteran Attorney Frederick Penney Provides A Brief, Practical Guide for Law Firm on Law Firm BrandingSACRAMENTO, Calif., June 18, 2021 — An experienced lawyer and the founder and managing partner of Penney and Associates Injury Lawyers, Fred Penney throws out some suggestions for those first getting started in building …
- Why The Medium Website Is One That Every Lawyer Seeking Online Exposure NEEDS To Use(And 5 Key Tips On Unleashing Medium’s Super Powers) We know about law firm SEO, online ads, Facebook and every other platform used to push your law firm up …
- Law Firm Marketing FAQ: How To Get Great Law Firm Reviews (And WHERE To Get Them)The 5 Best Law Review Sites – And How To Get Your Law Firm Optimized To Receive Great Reviews Getting positive law firm reviews on Google My Business (GMB) …
- 7 Key Questions To Ask ANY Law Firm SEO Agency BEFORE You Hire ThemHiring a law firm SEO agency requires some smart ‘interview’ techniques – here are some key questions to ask