High flying and aggressive US-based law firm Boies Schiller continues to make the news, the latest interest being around the law firm’s apparent failure to make the raises to associates which was apparently due to be made on October 15, then at the end of the month and now . .
The obvious rumors reported in American Lawyer and elsewhere are that there may be cash flow issues for the firm which has recently faced issues around departing partners.
The firm has had a tumultuous time of late with departing partners. Among the issues facing the firm have been bad press received by founder David Boies with his controversial work for profile clients, as well as a slip for the firm in the AmLaw rankings.
Since the new leadership took over the firm, 31 partners have left the firm with 15 going from the LA office in April. The firm also fired a number of associates and staffers in LA.
The original pay plan was for the law firm to match those paid by Cravath Swaine & Moore, but now concerns are arising about the reason for the non-payment.
Firm co-chief Natasha Harrison received a high profile piece in The Times recently, where ‘the lawyer from Croyden’ moved from the UK to the US to co-manage the firm, but clearly faces challenges with the recent events, both economically and in terms of whatever the Boies Schiller balance sheet reveals.
- Law Firm Bonus News: The Cravaths Bonuses Arrive At A Time of COVID ‘Thank You’ BonusesThe gold standard for law firm bonuses is generally whatever Cravaths decides to do and now, once again, they’ve delivered in a […]
- The Power-Lifting, In-House Lawyer Who Dismisses a Harvey Specter Comparison & Rises To CEOIt was not difficult for in-house lawyer Patrick Gamble to shrug off a comparison made by a magazine article that the up-and-coming […]
- The Splendour & Sustainability of Chapman Tripp – Who Said The Law Office Was Dead?Chapman Tripp’s new digs in the Commercial Bay development spare little expense, as befits one of the country’s leading law firms who […]
- Russell McVeagh Works with EQC On New Natural Disaster ApproachRussell McVeagh has been working alongside the Earthquake Commission (EQC) on a project that will see EQC work in partnership with private insurers to […]
- The Stealthy Tactic To Choose The Right SEO Keywords That is Guaranteed To Boost Your Law Firm SEO In The Next 30 Days. . and yet hardly anyone is doing it How do you choose the right keywords for SEO as a law firm […]
- ‘Fake News’, Says Jones Day Over US Election Voter Fraud Challenge . . But The News RemainsThe chaotic US election has been enveloped in the ‘voter fraud’ controversy, which has also largely enveloped Big Law firm Jones Day […]
- Boies Schiller Continues to Make the News . . Some Not So GoodHigh flying and aggressive US-based law firm Boies Schiller continues to make the news, the latest interest being around the law firm’s […]