High flying and aggressive US-based law firm Boies Schiller continues to make the news, the latest interest being around the law firm’s apparent failure to make the raises to associates which was apparently due to be made on October 15, then at the end of the month and now . .
The obvious rumors reported in American Lawyer and elsewhere are that there may be cash flow issues for the firm which has recently faced issues around departing partners.
The firm has had a tumultuous time of late with departing partners. Among the issues facing the firm have been bad press received by founder David Boies with his controversial work for profile clients, as well as a slip for the firm in the AmLaw rankings.
Since the new leadership took over the firm, 31 partners have left the firm with 15 going from the LA office in April. The firm also fired a number of associates and staffers in LA.
The original pay plan was for the law firm to match those paid by Cravath Swaine & Moore, but now concerns are arising about the reason for the non-payment.
Firm co-chief Natasha Harrison received a high profile piece in The Times recently, where ‘the lawyer from Croyden’ moved from the UK to the US to co-manage the firm, but clearly faces challenges with the recent events, both economically and in terms of whatever the Boies Schiller balance sheet reveals.
- Linklaters Set To Join The Ranks Of The Female Law Firm LeadersThree candidates left in the race to succeed Charlie Jacobs as Linklaters’ senior partner It looks like Magic Circle law firm Linklaters […] More
- PageOne Legal eDiscovery Service Celebrate 15 years’ BusinessNASHVILLE, Tenn., Feb. 22, 2021 Powered by LawFuel — Page One Legal, an eDiscovery services and litigation support firm, celebrates an important milestone anniversary. February 2021 officially […] More
- The Legal 500 – Who Are 2021 New Zealand Power Law Firms on The Legal 500 Rankings?Watch For LawFuel’s Power List 2021 – Arriving Soon The Legal 500 is regarded by many as one of the UK’s top […] More
- Big Law Firm ‘Pandemic Profits’ Continue With Strong GrowthThe Pandemic does not appear to have harmed too many Big Law Firms Big Law continues to report large ‘pandemic profit’ growth, […] More
- Power Lawyer: Simon Watt Named Climate Change Law LeaderBell Gully partner Simon Watt has been reaffirmed as New Zealand’s leading climate change lawyer, following the release of the internationally respected Chambers Global directory. […] More
- Which Legal Software is Best? 9 Top Legal Software Tools Law Firms Need to Know About in 2021Searching for the best legal software is never easy. But we’ve taken a look at 9 key legal software tools that can […] More
- Have Hackers Hacked Jones Day, The Privacy Law Experts?It’s an embarrassment for the privacy law firm if true. And we think it may be. A hacker claims to have stolen […] More