Dating a lawyer is one thing, but an odd list of the reasons to do so are typical of an online dating site, you might think.
eHarmony have come up with a list of reasons why dating lawyers is good for you (presumably, regardless of whether you’re already a lawyer or not).
Among them: “Quoting your date will make you sound smarter,”
hmm . . only if you’re really so lacking in self-esteem or dumb as to be captured by that attraction.
Another: “My boyfriend is a lawyer and he says…”. Well, then you really are dumb.
Nonetheless, the typical reasons – financial security, impressing the parents – are trotted out in eHarmony’s list like so many tried-and-true reasons for dating, well, just about anyone with some grey matter upstairs and a bank account in the black.
Top reasons to date a lawyer, according to eHarmony
1. Quoting your date will make you sound smarter: “My boyfriend is a lawyer and he says…”
2. Your mum and dad will be impressed. Plus: A lawyer in the family is always a good thing!
3. Most lawyers are fantastic dressers. (Yes, there’s more than one suit in his/her closet.)
4. Lawyers are financially secure.
5. Lawyers know how to present themselves well – and up the charm. Your date will likely make a greatimpression with your friends and colleagues.
6. Your date will stand up for you, even when you’re wrong.
7. Lawyers are often invited to interesting social events. Most of them include an open bar.
8. Lawyers are very experienced negotiators and excel at conflict resolution.
9. Like to debate? Your date is always up for that type of challenge.
10. Lawyers have good memories – or at least good note-taking skills.
11. Speaking of note-taking, there will be plenty of free legal pads lying around.
12. Your date will have interesting law-school stories (and lots of life experience). As a general rule, lawyers work hard and play hard.
13. Lawyers are eloquent, articulate and very insightful when it comes to reading another person’s character.
14. Eloquence is sexy. So are briefcases.
15. If you ever need your partner’s services, he/she will work especially hard for you.