CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2020 – Powered by LawFuel — On behalf of RevoLaze, LLC, Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley of Patterson Law Firm won a $32,262,488.50 legal malpractice jury verdict against attorney Mark Hogge and Dentons. This is a win for RevoLaze against a firm that claims to be the largest law firm in the world.
The trial took place in Cleveland, Ohio and lasted three weeks. “The verdict did not surprise me,” said Kristi Browne, “but it was gratifying. The jury was particularly attentive throughout the trial, asked good questions, and thoroughly deliberated.”
RevoLaze, a small Cleveland, Ohio technology company, owns patents that have revolutionized the denim industry. In 2015, Dentons and Mr. Hogge were disqualified from representing RevoLaze in a patent enforcement case in the International Trade Commission. The disqualification occurred after a defendant in that case, The Gap, raised a conflict of interest. “The case is important because it shows that a law firm cannot evade its duty of loyalty by organizing itself as a Swiss verein,” said Sarah Dunkley.
Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley relocated to Cleveland for a month, and worked with local Cleveland counsel, Tom Anastos. A five-lawyer team from Jones Day represented Dentons and Mr. Hogge.
This is believed to be the largest legal malpractice judgment in Ohio history.
Patterson Law Firm
SOURCE Patterson Law Firm
Recent Headlines on LawFuel
- Ghislaine Maxwell Arrest Sees Prince Andrew Links To Obscure Lobbying Firm Propelled to prominence By A Kiwi Ambassador17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Lawyers for Prince Andrew […]
- How The Disintegrating Law Firm Hired By Rudy Giuliani Has Spawned Its Young17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Breaking […]
- Is The Berman Ouster in New York A Further Reflection of Trump Political Interference? Maybe Not With This Lawyer . .17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The debacle surrounding the […]
- Boies Law Firm Upheaval Continues With 4 Partner Defection to King & Spalding17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The turmoil at Boies […]
- Laying Zoom Bare – Holding Zoom Meetings Without Wearing Pants is Just Part of the Problem For Lawyers Using Zoom17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The move to Zoom […]
- Who Are The Lawyers Helping Prince Andrew Keep Safe From US Law Enforcement Over Jeffrey Epstein?17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score As Prince Andrew faces […]
- How Allen & Overy Has Dealt With The COVID Crisis . . And One Thing They Would Not Have Done Again17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Allen & Overy is […]
- Virage Capital Says Pierce Bainbridge – $70 Million in Debt – Double Dipped on Collateral17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Back […]
- Archie Williams – The Innocence Project YouTube Star & The Lawyers Who Saw Him Free17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Reality TV show ‘Americ’a […]