CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2020 – Powered by LawFuel — On behalf of RevoLaze, LLC, Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley of Patterson Law Firm won a $32,262,488.50 legal malpractice jury verdict against attorney Mark Hogge and Dentons. This is a win for RevoLaze against a firm that claims to be the largest law firm in the world.
The trial took place in Cleveland, Ohio and lasted three weeks. “The verdict did not surprise me,” said Kristi Browne, “but it was gratifying. The jury was particularly attentive throughout the trial, asked good questions, and thoroughly deliberated.”
RevoLaze, a small Cleveland, Ohio technology company, owns patents that have revolutionized the denim industry. In 2015, Dentons and Mr. Hogge were disqualified from representing RevoLaze in a patent enforcement case in the International Trade Commission. The disqualification occurred after a defendant in that case, The Gap, raised a conflict of interest. “The case is important because it shows that a law firm cannot evade its duty of loyalty by organizing itself as a Swiss verein,” said Sarah Dunkley.
Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley relocated to Cleveland for a month, and worked with local Cleveland counsel, Tom Anastos. A five-lawyer team from Jones Day represented Dentons and Mr. Hogge.
This is believed to be the largest legal malpractice judgment in Ohio history.
Patterson Law Firm
SOURCE Patterson Law Firm
Recent Headlines on LawFuel
- Big Law’s Big Fee Growth ContinuesPaul Hastings has seen a major growth spurt post-COVID but other firms are seeing …
- Who Are The Oligarchs Lawyers And The ‘Lawfare’ Claims Made In Their Names?Oligarch lawyers in the UK are named and lawfare claims face increased scrutiny
- UK Debate Shines Spotlight on Lawyers Who Act For Oligarchs‘Londongrad’ is under threat with the Ukraine war and the pressure on ‘enabling’ lawyers …
- The BigLaw Partners Earning Big Money at Kirkland & Ellis . . And Where That Leaves The RestKirkland & Ellis is a billion dollar revenue machine but it still faces issues attracting key legal talent – why?
- Legal Services Immunity in the Face of the Pandemic‘What pandemic?’ the legal services markets seem to say . . Legal services revenues …
- The Power Lady Lawyer Who Has Depleted Boies Schiller in LondonThe Power lady lawyer who has set up her own litigation power house law firm in London
- Stripping Prince Andrew – But The Legal Sex-Suit Troubles Remain UnaddressedBuckinham Palace has removed the Duke of York’s royal privileges, but the recent US …
- The Sanity-Defying Faustian Pact Struck By Biglaw Junior LawyersThe salaries may be eye-popping and the addition to their CVs prestigious, but for …
- How Technology Will Shape Law Firm Success in 2022Law firm success in 2022 will depend upon technology to retain legal talent and obtain new clients