CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2020 – Powered by LawFuel — On behalf of RevoLaze, LLC, Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley of Patterson Law Firm won a $32,262,488.50 legal malpractice jury verdict against attorney Mark Hogge and Dentons. This is a win for RevoLaze against a firm that claims to be the largest law firm in the world.
The trial took place in Cleveland, Ohio and lasted three weeks. “The verdict did not surprise me,” said Kristi Browne, “but it was gratifying. The jury was particularly attentive throughout the trial, asked good questions, and thoroughly deliberated.”
RevoLaze, a small Cleveland, Ohio technology company, owns patents that have revolutionized the denim industry. In 2015, Dentons and Mr. Hogge were disqualified from representing RevoLaze in a patent enforcement case in the International Trade Commission. The disqualification occurred after a defendant in that case, The Gap, raised a conflict of interest. “The case is important because it shows that a law firm cannot evade its duty of loyalty by organizing itself as a Swiss verein,” said Sarah Dunkley.
Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley relocated to Cleveland for a month, and worked with local Cleveland counsel, Tom Anastos. A five-lawyer team from Jones Day represented Dentons and Mr. Hogge.
This is believed to be the largest legal malpractice judgment in Ohio history.
Patterson Law Firm
SOURCE Patterson Law Firm
Recent Headlines on LawFuel
- Legal Futurists Talk About The Rush To Technology That Has Lawyers Confronting Their Digital FutureThe pandemic has altered the lives for everyone and a recent report in the […]
- Freshfields Joins Slim Ranks of Big Law Firm Female Leaders As Gender Diversity Moves Slowly GrowDan Garner – Female law firm leadership ranks are growing – albeit slowly – […]
- “Notorious RBG” Dies: The Passing of a Legal LegendThe legal and female judicial icon Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. The famed […]
- Big Law Belt Tightening Hits Both Younger & Older Lawyers as The Pandemic Bites Law FirmsIn the new era of COVID-invoked recession law firms are developing new strategies to […]
- Prestigious UK Law Firm Investigated Over Money Laundering IssuesMischcon de Reya is one of the more prestigious law firms in the UK, […]
- What Makes A Great Managing Partner in a Law Firm?**According to a leading legal journalist who has gossiped and drunk with many Drinking […]
- Charles Manson’s ‘Disruptive’ Attorney Irving Kanarek Dies. Charles Lives Still At A Secure AddressThe lawyer who defended Charles Manson has died at age 100. Irving Kanarek (pictured […]
- Listed Law Firms in UK Take a Price Beating But Still Show ResilienceListing law firms was an exciting – and profitable – game for some time […]
- The ‘Eat What You Kill’ Mindset Means More Law Partners Taking Work From Juniors To Beat Billing TargetsPartners at US law firms are taking a greater share of the work from […]