CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2020 – Powered by LawFuel — On behalf of RevoLaze, LLC, Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley of Patterson Law Firm won a $32,262,488.50 legal malpractice jury verdict against attorney Mark Hogge and Dentons. This is a win for RevoLaze against a firm that claims to be the largest law firm in the world.
The trial took place in Cleveland, Ohio and lasted three weeks. “The verdict did not surprise me,” said Kristi Browne, “but it was gratifying. The jury was particularly attentive throughout the trial, asked good questions, and thoroughly deliberated.”
RevoLaze, a small Cleveland, Ohio technology company, owns patents that have revolutionized the denim industry. In 2015, Dentons and Mr. Hogge were disqualified from representing RevoLaze in a patent enforcement case in the International Trade Commission. The disqualification occurred after a defendant in that case, The Gap, raised a conflict of interest. “The case is important because it shows that a law firm cannot evade its duty of loyalty by organizing itself as a Swiss verein,” said Sarah Dunkley.
Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley relocated to Cleveland for a month, and worked with local Cleveland counsel, Tom Anastos. A five-lawyer team from Jones Day represented Dentons and Mr. Hogge.
This is believed to be the largest legal malpractice judgment in Ohio history.
Patterson Law Firm
SOURCE Patterson Law Firm
Recent Headlines on LawFuel
- Working From Home Has Its Challenges… Small Things Employers Can Do to Help17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score By Rebecca Hudson What’s the […]
- Smart Search launches dedicated anti-money laundering service for businesses adapting to remote working17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Experts advise businesses to […]
- Law Firm Launches Consulting Service To Complement Legal Services17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – […]
- Promotions To Principals at Todd & Walker17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score TODD & WALKER Law […]
- DWF Growth Slowed By Coronavirus Effect As Shares Slump17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Listed law firm DWF […]
- Modern Slavery is A Growing Problem Across the World17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score 4-5.co.nz – Inextricably linked […]
- Littler COVID-19 Survey Reveals Top Employer Concerns and Workplace Implications17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – […]
- New Chair at Buddle Findlay as Firm Celebrates 125 Years17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – […]
- Former Chen Palmer Partner Joins Wellington Chambers17 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Former Chen Palmer partner […]