Record profits have been recorded by a number of the US major law firms the Financial Times reports, with profits of $3 million on average.
The FT report that US firm results show double-digit revenue growth during 2019, driven in part by some major deals like the Bristol-Myers Squibb $93 billion takeover of Celgene.
Increase M&A work and the disruption achieved by firms like Google and Amazon saw increased legal work, also assisted by the tough approach taken by competition regulators
So who took home the big dollars?
Dechert achieve average profits of $3 million, an increase of over 10 per cent from the previous year. The Airbus corruption settlement doubtless a major contributor to the profits.
Kirkland & Ellis continue to dominate with their average $5 million figure during the 2018 year and doubtless a major figure for 2019 when it is reported.
King & Spalding received an average of $3 million also, another significant increase over their 2018 figure of $2.84 million.
In London, the FT report that litigation specialist Quinn Emanuel grew its London revenue by a fifth to £100.6m last year, making it the first litigation boutique to break the £100m barrier in the UK.
Quinn Emanuel’s London office has 19 partners. Senior partner Richard East said Brexit and the rise of populist leaders such as US President Donald Trump had resulted in a growing wave of large commercial disputes, as companies fought back against law changes.
Recent LawFuel News
- Ghislaine Maxwell Arrest Sees Prince Andrew Links To Obscure Lobbying Firm Propelled to prominence By A Kiwi Ambassador59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Lawyers for […]
- How The Disintegrating Law Firm Hired By Rudy Giuliani Has Spawned Its Young59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner […]
- Is The Berman Ouster in New York A Further Reflection of Trump Political Interference? Maybe Not With This Lawyer . .59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The debacle […]
- Boies Law Firm Upheaval Continues With 4 Partner Defection to King & Spalding59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The turmoil […]
- Laying Zoom Bare – Holding Zoom Meetings Without Wearing Pants is Just Part of the Problem For Lawyers Using Zoom59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The move […]
- Who Are The Lawyers Helping Prince Andrew Keep Safe From US Law Enforcement Over Jeffrey Epstein?59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score As Prince […]
- How Allen & Overy Has Dealt With The COVID Crisis . . And One Thing They Would Not Have Done Again59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Allen & […]
- Virage Capital Says Pierce Bainbridge – $70 Million in Debt – Double Dipped on Collateral59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner […]
- Archie Williams – The Innocence Project YouTube Star & The Lawyers Who Saw Him Free59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Reality TV […]
- Pierce Bainbridge – Big-Time Clients, Big Time Problems: $50 Million Suit Dropped & $70 Million Debt59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The high-profile […]
- Litigation Funder Parabellum Capital Raises $450 Million As Pandemic Lawsuits Loom59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Litigation finance […]