San Francisco, CA (February 18, 2020) – Venable LLP is pleased to announce that Jill Battilega Rowe has joined the firm as a partner in the Commercial Litigation Practice in the San Francisco office. Ms. Rowe is an experienced business trial lawyer who focuses on commercial real estate and contract and fraud disputes.
Ms. Rowe has experience representing companies in a variety of industries, including nationally recognized real estate brokerage and investment firms, a leading pharmaceutical distributor, award-winning wineries, and the country’s largest petroleum pipeline owner. She previously worked as in-house counsel for Fidelity National Financial, where she handled mergers and acquisitions, employment, and general corporate matters.
James E. Nelson, partner-in-charge of the firm’s San Francisco office, said, “Our office’s commitment to smart growth in key practice areas, such as commercial litigation, has allowed us to steadily establish ourselves as one of the premiere law firms in the Bay Area. Clients across a wide range of industries seek Jill for her skill as an effective and zealous advocate on their behalf.Adding her to our deep bench of litigators is a natural step as we continue to grow our team.”
Geoffrey R. Garinther, chair of the firm’s Litigation Division, said, “Jill is a versatile litigator with a formidable track record in the courtroom. She consistently achieves favorable results on behalf of her clients, particularly in the realm of commercial real estate disputes. The creativity she brings to resolving these complex matters will be of immense value to our practice, both in San Francisco and on a national scale.”
Commenting on her move to Venable, Ms. Rowe said, “In addition to having an exceptional commercial litigation practice, Venable’s full roster of services will complement my practice and provide the resources needed to support complex cases across an assortment of industries. I look forward to joining the great community of attorneys at this firm and contributing to the growth of the San Francisco office.
Ms. Rowe received her J.D.,with honors, from the University of Washington School of Law in1998,and her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of San Diego in1990.
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC that serves as primary counsel to a worldwide clientele of large and mid-sized organizations, nonprofits, high-net-worth entrepreneurs, and other individuals. With more than 850 professionals across the country, including California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, DC, the firm strategically advances its clients’ objectives in the U.S. and around the globe. Venable, which is celebrating its 120 anniversary, advises clients on a broad range of business and regulatory law, legislative affairs, complex litigation, and the full range of intellectual property disciplines. For more information, please visit https://www.venable.com/.
- Senior Criminal Lawyer Mark Pomeranz to Help Draw Back The Curtain In Trump Criminal ProbeThe investigation into potential criminal charges against Donald Trump went up a notch this week as US Attorneys appointed Paul […] More
- Linklaters Set To Join The Ranks Of The Female Law Firm LeadersThree candidates left in the race to succeed Charlie Jacobs as Linklaters’ senior partner It looks like Magic Circle law […] More
- Big Law Firm ‘Pandemic Profits’ Continue With Strong GrowthThe Pandemic does not appear to have harmed too many Big Law Firms Big Law continues to report large ‘pandemic […] More
- Have Hackers Hacked Jones Day, The Privacy Law Experts?It’s an embarrassment for the privacy law firm if true. And we think it may be. A hacker claims to […] More
- Does The Multi-Billion Dollar Smartmatic Defamation Brief Against FOX & Others Show Some Legal Power Writing?If lawyers needed to read a brief written with a certain hard-biting verve then they need look no further than […] More
- Donald Trump’s New ‘Power Lawyer’ You May Not Have Heard Of . . But For Bill CosbyTaking on work for Donald Trump for his record, second impeachment trial is not necessarily the sort of brief many […] More
- Who Said 2020 Was Bad For Lawyers? World’s Highest Grossing Law Firm Set To Surge to $5bn onThe world’s highest-grossing law firm, Power Law firm Kirkland & Ellis, is on track to post record annual revenue of ~$5 billion […] More
- The Former Regional Lawyer Who Has Become a Power Lawyer and Joined The Sunday Times Rich ListThe chief executive of law firm Knights has sold a £61.2m (US84 million) stake in the company after it underwent […] More
- Fraud Inquiry Increases Pressure on Donald Trump and His CompanyDonald Trump’s Company – and Donald Trump personally – has been delivered yet another blow after a New York judge […] More
- Heard of ‘Ecocide?’ Is It The Latest Environmental Law Growth Area?Environmental law is a growth area, without doubt, with climate change and a range of related issues occupying increasing numbers […] More
- What Is Facebook Doing About Donald Trump’s Suspended Facebook and Instagram Accounts – And Should We Even Care?The suspension of Donald Trump’s social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram (let alone Twitter) are matters that may have […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough road in its antitrust lawsuit against Amazon Web Services (AWS), […] More
- NY Bar Association Seek To Dump Rudy Giuliani From MembershipIn what may be his greatest indignity – after a mounting compost heap of indignities – Trump lawyer and former […] More