David Williams, QC
- 1 David Williams, QC
- 1.0.1 Sir David Williams QC, former jurist and New Zealand’s leading arbitrator retains one of
- 1.0.2 the busiest arbitration practices in New Zealand, ruling on some of the most complex and high value arbitrations in the world where he has been involved either as counsel or arbitrator in over 150 international arbitrations.
- 1.0.3 Watch the Tiana Epani Interview: LawFuel’s Lawyer of the Year
- 1.1 Senior Silks on the Power List
- 1.2 The Leading Light
- 1.3 The Gentleman Silk
- 1.4 The Go-To Commercial Senior Silk
Sir David Williams QC, former jurist and New Zealand’s leading arbitrator retains one of
the busiest arbitration practices in New Zealand, ruling on some of the most complex and high value arbitrations in the world where he has been involved either as counsel or arbitrator in over 150 international arbitrations.
His work involving oil and gas, joint ventures, reinsurance, construction and other disputes places him at the forefront of international arbitration work.
He also has an office with other Bankside Chambers’ members at Maxwell Chambers, Singapore and is a door tenant at Essex Court, London.
He is on the Advisory Board of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) and is president of the Cook Islands Court of Appeal.
He also teaches international arbitration at Auckland University Law School where he is an honorary professor and sits on a variety of international arbitration panels, as well as acting as a visiting speaker.Together with Amokura Kawharu, he is co-author of Williams and Kawharu on Arbitration (LexisNexis, 2011).
He was knighted in the 2017 honours list.
- The Challenges & Changing Face Of New Zealand Law Firms
- Would You Recommend Your Son or Daughter Become a Lawyer? “No,” Say Many in New Survey
- Fast Growing Aussie Law Firm Expands to New Zealand
- When Should Users Take Legal Action Against E-Cigarette Manufacturers? Here are five examples . . .
- Bringing in Business to Your Law Firm Can Be Easy . . . If You Use These 8 Tips
The Power List lawyer and Law Society President who has rapidly climbed the list. The LawFuel Lawyer of the Year is sponsored by Staedtler, the pens top lawyers use.