Atlanta, September 20, 2004 LAWFUEL – Best law news, law firm, attorney, legal, legal research -Kilpatrick Stockton LLP announced today that it has designed and implemented an Obesity Benefit Program covered by the firm’s health insurance provider, Great-West Healthcare. Under this provision, employees will have the ability to seek coverage for obesity treatment.
“The health and wellness of our employees are matters that Kilpatrick Stockton is dedicated to investing in and advancing,” said Alyson Guthrie, Director of Human Resources and Operations for Kilpatrick Stockton. “We recognize that offering options like the obesity benefit are a valuable investment in our employees health and can have long-term effects on our working environment.”
Plan Provision Highlights Include:
· Qualified participants of the program receive coverage to a maximum benefit of $5,000 per course of treatment.
· The benefit includes coverage for services provided by registered dieticians, nutritional and/or behavioral counselors and medical providers.
· The Obesity Benefit may be used by one participant more than once per lifetime.
· An additional benefit is provided for the coverage of specialized and prescribed food replacements.
This program is in addition to a General Dietary Counseling Benefit the firm has recently added. All employees are eligible to visit a registered dietician for up to six visits per calendar year with no physician referral required. These options are just part of Kilpatrick Stockton’s comprehensive wellness program, focused on providing healthful options for employees.
Employee health options include:
· Subsidized health club membership
· Access to LifeWorks, a one-stop employee resource that offers free, confidential assistance with all the issues of daily living
· On-site massage
· Walking and running groups
· Firm participation in various charitable walks throughout the year
· An employee walking trail
· Annual Wellness Fair
About Kilpatrick Stockton
Kilpatrick Stockton LLP is a full-service international law firm with more than 470 attorneys in nine offices across the globe: London; Stockholm; Atlanta and Augusta, Georgia.; New York City, New York ; Charlotte, Raleigh and Winston-Salem, North Carolina; and Washington, D.C. Kilpatrick Stockton’s delivery of innovative business solutions provides results-oriented counsel for corporations, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. Collaboration among Kilpatrick Stockton’s corporate, litigation and intellectual property attorneys provides knowledgeable and proactive guidance for companies at every stage of the business life cycle. For more information about Kilpatrick Stockton, please visit www.kilpatrickstockton.com.