Meredith Connell have well and truly overcome the tough times when the Auckland Crown warrant was split in two, quoting “extraordinary growth” that has seen the firm’s 240 staff moving to new premises next year.
The NZ Herald quoted Meredith Connell Chief Executive Kylie Mooney saying the growth over the past four years has been such that the current premises at the BDO Centre, launched with great fanfare at the time, has “seen the whole firm take a complete lift.”
The previous premises had $5 million spent on the fitout and included some novel features, including a glass roof atrium and natural timber features but were a short distance from the CBD, whereas the new premises would be close to the District Court in Albert Street
“I thought (there) would be a bit of a honeymoon period. But it’s continued and we’ve grown our staff numbers 22 per cent over four years,” she said.
Mooney (pictured, left) attributed the firm’s growth to both “steady” Crown prosecution work (“sadly, increasing in Auckland”) and a growth in commercial and civil litigation.
She told the Herald the firm had some very exciting ideas and had engaged BVN architects to design the new fitout which will double the firm’s footprint from 3200 square meters to 5500 square meters.
Recently on LawFuel
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died this […] More
- The New Zealand Law Profession’s Unceremonious ‘Third Anniversary’ Of Workplace Bullying & HarassmentJohn Bowie* It’s an anniversary that the New Zealand law profession would rather not […] More
- Otago All-Women Law Firm Celebrate International Women’s DayIt’s on 8 March, in case you didn’t know, but for Dunedin law firm […] More
- Chapman Tripp’s New Patent Law PlayThere’s been a lot happening in the patent law area in recent years and […] More
- JunoLegal Grows With Another NZ In-House Counsel HireNew Law firm Juno Legal has recruited another senior New Zealand In-house Counsel with […] More
- What’s Happening At Meredith Connell With Its Litigator Departures?Why are litigators departing from Meredith Connell? More
- Supreme Court Remits Kim Dotcom & Associates’ Case To Court of AppealThe US Government and Kim Dotcom Agree On One Thing At Least . . […] More
- How Much Has The Dotcom Case Cost The New Zealand Taxpayer? Take A GuessHow does $7 Million Sound? It’s taken nine years of battling, but the cost […] More
- Law Firm Branding: Buddle Findlay ‘Refresh’ Their Brand – But Does It Cut The Mustard?Christine Hansen – “Refreshing” a law firm brand is always a fraught task, but […] More
- New Chair At Bell GullyBell Gully has announced a new chair to replace Anna Buchly after three years […] More
- Is Jacinda Ardern’s ‘Hate Speech’ Law Entrenching Racism Rather Than Eliminating It?A recent Spectator column identified what Karl du Fresne says was “inflammatory rhetoric from […] More
- Collaboration of Barristers Helps Self-Litigants With New BookA collaboration between two barristers – one as author the other as publisher – […] More