MIAMI, July 10, 2005 – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – The international law firm of Steel Hector & Davis LLP is proud to announce that eight of its
attorneys are among South Florida’s 2005 Legal Elite,
published in the July issue of Florida Trend magazine. They
were selected from among more than 56,000 members of the
Florida Bar by their peers and represent the top 1.7 percent
of lawyers in the state.
Steel Hector’s “Legal Elite” are:
– Alvin B. Davis – partner, commercial litigation
– Gerry S. Gibson – partner, commercial litigation
– Kathy M. Klock – partner, arbitration & mediation
– Patricia E. Lowry – partner, civil trial
– Amelia R. Maguire – partner, business law
– Thomas R. McGuigan – partner, business law
– John B. Murray – partner, commercial litigation
– Rebekah J. Poston – partner, criminal law
The selection process began last fall and lawyers were asked
to name those peers they hold in the highest regard.
Nominees were scored based on the number of votes they
received. A total of 12,043 votes were cast. Votes from
within their own firm were worth one point. Votes from
another firm were worth three points.